When it comes to selling, the right amount of persistence is critical.
Statistics tell us – calling until you make the sale – works.
However! 90% of salespeople give up after just four calls.
This graph shows that 8% of the sales people are making 80% of the sales:
Here are 4 reasons why it is beneficial to be persistent as a salesperson.
1. It Makes You Stand Out From The Crowd
Most salespeople are not persistent.
Studies have found that almost 50% of salespeople give up after the first call.
Typically salespeople get caught up in active business, instead of following up prospective customers. Follow up your prospects with more calls than your competition, and you’re already ahead!
2. Increases Customer’s Confidence In You
Persistence will –
- Increase the customer’s confidence in you.
- Keep you at the top of their list when they are ready to buy.
- Give your prospect an insight into your dedication and work ethic. However, you also need to be able to gauge when it is time to call it quits.
3. Demonstrates Dedication & Purpose
The right amount of persistence will show your prospects that you are dedicated, and truly passionate about the product or service you are offering.
Persistance assists with –
- Building relationships, as prospective customers will see that you have purpose.
- You can prevail through challenges.
- It will give you a better understanding of what the customer needs.
4. Motivates You To Try Harder & Shows You The Value Of Success
Persistence helps you to discover that each failure is another learning experience. When you have a successful sale after being persistent, you quickly realise that the hard work does pay off.
The most difficult clients are the hardest to lose. Why? It takes discipline and persistence to gain their business. And 90% of salespeople don’t have it.
Sales persistence is not merely calling until you make a sale, it is knowing how to properly navigate the sales process from the beginning.
Persistence does not always come naturally, it’s a learned trait when mastered can be incredibly valuable.
Are your sales team persistent?
Contact KONA for customised Value Sales Training for your team and stay ahead of you competitors!