By Mark Hamon, Risk Management Training and Safety Consultant Sydney.
“Private-sector preparedness is not a luxury; it is a cost of doing business in the post-9/11 world. It is ignored at a tremendous potential cost in lives, money and national security.”
? The 9 11 Commission Report
Let’s face it, we are now living and working in a time where business managers are facing increased uncertainty, and more companies are embracing business emergency preparedness.
Over the recent years we have been bombarded with media news about natural and man-made disasters, economic instability, poverty, disease, political unrest, cyber risk, terrorism and criminal activity.
It tough to run a business when times are challenging and puts a huge amount of stress on managers and owners.
Are you laying awake at night worrying about your business, knowing the stress isn’t good for you or your business?
Anxiety and depression now impacts 1 in 4 people, a simple phone call to a Risk Management consultant can give you a solution and peace of mind.
Ask yourself the following questions.
- Wouldn’t you prefer peace of mind, knowing you have a solution in place for emergencies?
- If you had a disaster or an unexpected emergency could you cope, and would your business survive?
- How would you generate an income, support your employees or family, do you even have a plan?
- What are the legal ramifications or duty of care if something goes wrong?
- What is the real consequence and costs for failing to plan?
You might ask, OK you have my attention so where do I go from here?
The good news is that with the right consultant, you can have instant peace of mind. You can have a system in place that will support your business, family and employees, especially when unexpected emergencies or disaster’s happen.
An emergency management plan can be customised for your business, using national and international standards for emergency benchmark excellence.
Once a plan has been established then it’s vital to carry out a test drill of your emergency management plan to determine its effectiveness.
It’s not enough these days to have a bit of paperwork in a folder titled “Emergency Management” simply collect dust, you need to know it work.
By consulting with Mark Hamon, the Sydney based Risk Management Training and Safety Consultant from KONA Group, you can discuss your concerns or needs regarding emergency and disaster preparedness, so you can have peace of mind.
Mark’s background in emergency management comes from real world experience including:
- Military service and operational training with both Navy (aviation) and Army service
- Frontline hospital trauma experience as a Registered Nurse
- Industrial health and rescue (ambulance responder) in the power industry
- Safety management roles across mining, civil construction, manufacturing and engineering sectors.
If you have any questions then get on the phone (obligation free) and contact KONA Group’s Risk Management
Training Specialist Mark Hamon
or call 1300 611 288