- It tells you the ‘what’ i.e. what is my score? It does not help you much with the ‘So What?’ and ‘Now What?’ steps of the continuous improvement cycle.
- NPS cuts out the middle of the road, those customers who had an OK experience but could be moved up the scale with a few small changes.
- “Why is it that you’re giving us this score?” or
- “We notice that you gave us a 9, why is this?’
- “What would we need to do for you to give us an 8?
‘We add the scores those customers that rate you a 9 or 10 out of 10, and then we subtract the combined scores of those that rate you between a 0 and a 6 out of 10.’What about the 7s and 8s? Those customers who are ‘OK’ with their experience are not part of the measurement. We see this as pretty dangerous, once again why have they scored you at this level? What do you need to do differently to change their score. The KONA Group Customer Insights team have a very clear focus on both the Quantitative and Qualitative data needed to look after your customers. They look to link the feedback from your customers to an action register that ensures identified issues are recorded and resolved, not lost in the clutter of the NPS scores of 8 and below. KONA, Australia’s Leading Sales and Sales Management Training and Coaching company, provides customised training programs that include: Sales Training & Coaching, Call Centre Training & Coaching, Negotiation Skills Training & Coaching, Motivational Speakers and more. KONA is also a leading provider of Customer Satisfaction Surveys and research services. Alternatively contact KONA today on 1300 611 288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help you to improve your business results.