- Enthusiastic and committed team.
- Inexperienced Sales Manager promoted up from being successful sales people.
- Team of ‘brochure droppers’ rather than ‘business builders’.
- Little to no accountability, limited results focus, no performance management processes in place.
- Successful historically, yet needed to demonstrate to clients and business owners the value that their proposition brought to their businesses.
What we did …
- Refocused sales team.
- Introduced ‘Area Management Sales Productivity Process’.
- Coached all sales team, in the field and in workshops, in ‘Achieving Sales Excellence’ solution selling skills.
- Developed specific ACTIVITY plans for growth.
- Introduced ‘Client Business Development Programme’ to drive “sell through”, not just “sell to”.
- 24% increase in sales revenues.
- Relationship with major distributor became a true ‘‘strategic partnership’.
- Area Managers rated as ‘professional advisers’ in CSI.
- Massive penetration into what were ‘reluctant recommenders’.