- Committed and intelligent team who undervalued the sales profession.
- Intellectualising about the technical product features rather than ‘business builders’.
- Successful historically, yet needed to grow the business through hospitals and pharmacies.
- Highly restricted by the WHO code and other policies.
What we did…
- Assessed and challenged their sales capabilities.
- Coached all sales team, in the field and in workshops, in ‘Hearts and Minds’ solution selling skills.
- Classified all accounts, then refocused activities and call objectives for higher return.
- Developed sales people from account managers into Territory Business Managers, managing their own P&Ls.
- 140% of sales target (and growing).
- 19% up on last financial year.
- Includes 3 record months, ever.
- Relationship with all clients moved from a product features/merchandising role to truly understanding and adding value to their clients businesses.
- Massive penetration into what were ‘reluctant recommenders’ in both hospitals and pharmacies. Increased rotations in hospitals and shelf space in pharmacies.
- Increased rotations in hospitals and shelf space in pharmacies.