Is your team due for a Sales Health Check in preparation for a productive 2021?
A Sales Health Check is an objective review of your Sales team. It highlights potential weaknesses in your team and strategy, but also builds on your areas of strength and growth.
With the challenges faced by the pandemic , how healthy is your team’s Sales capability? Let’s think of COVID as a pot of boiling water. Now think of the egg and potato analogy. The same boiling water that softens the potato, also hardens the egg. Who in your team has come out of the pandemic soft and who has come out hard? Surely having resilient employees would be of great benefit and value to any organisation?
A Sales Health Check, like all health checks, is crucial for your business’ optimal growth. Strong Leaders conduct Sales Health Checks often and that is the difference between exponential growth and remaining stagnant. Consider these 5 Sales Health Check Factors:
- Do you have a Sales strategy that outlines, applies and measures daily activities for your team?
- Is your team’s current activity mapped to SMART goals with Effective Communication?
- Does your Sales team make use of multiple channels to generate leads?
- Do they have absolute clarity around the profile of their customer? Do they understand their Customer’s DNA Profile?
- Have you clearly articulated to your team the company’s point of difference when compared to your competitors?
- What is your company’s Value Proposition?
- Do your Salespeople follow an Effective Pipeline Management procedure? That is, do they know the number of visits, contacts, leads, prospects and customers they need each month, every month, to hit KPI?
- What online presence do you have? How effective and up to date is it?
- Do you have a current corporate page for LinkedIn?
- Do you share posts on your LinkedIn page weekly?
- What message is your team’s individual LinkedIn Profiles saying about the brand?
- Do you publish a blog regularly and directly on your site? (a minimum of once per week)
- Is every blog optimised for keywords and features a compelling call to action? If not, then get your company to POP out online and contact the KONA Group 1300 833 574 | info@KONA.com.au to get your Powerful Online Presence Training ASAP.
- Do your Salespeople know how to map the journey their prospects will take through the buying process?
- Do they know how to have engaging conversations on the phone, as well as face to face?
- Are they mastering the art of Effective Questioning to reach their customer’s pain points?
- What are their listening skills like? Huh? Are they listening to their customers, or just hearing them?
4. CONVERTING & CLOSING
Think, are your Salespeople:
- Struggling to meet KPIs?
- Sticking to existing clients only and “scared” of finding new customers?
- Unable to generate leads?
- Not wanting to “annoy” current leads?
- Unaware of the core processes of prospecting?
- Lack skills to keep their Pipeline active?
- Unclear of distinguishing features from benefits?
- Awkward and uneasy talking to decision makers and leaders?
- Failing to revisit old leads regularly?
- Stuck in the mindset that ‘sales is evil’?
- Have a poor sales conversion rate?
- Do not know the techniques to gain repeat business and upsell?
- Blame shift – excuses dominate poor performance and missing targets?
Measure the effectiveness of your Sales team and create productive, supported and balanced Salespeople.
- Can you easily track conversion rates at each stage of the pipeline?
- Can you easily work out the ROI for each customer targeted?
- What system and processes do you have in place?
- Do you know how satisfied your customers really are?
To get a Sales Health Check ASAP, contact the KONA Group 1300 833 574 or email info@KONA.com.au for a crucial conversation.